Did you know?
- Flu can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death (it is currently ranked among the top ten causes of death in the U.S.).
- Most people who get influenza will recover in several days to less than two weeks, but some people will develop complications as a result of the flu.
- The flu vaccine is updated every year to combat the flu viruses that research indicates are most likely to cause illness during the upcoming season.
- It is especially important that people in some groups get vaccinated, because:
- they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications, or
- they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications.
- There are also some people who should not get a flu vaccine without first consulting a physician.